The Department of Preventive & Community Dentistry
Dentistry branch deals with preventive and community aspects in addition to restorative and curative services for individual patients. This branch manifest a different role of the dental surgeon in society as a provider of preventive, restorative and curative clinical services i.e., comprehensive care to the public at large.
It serves the community as a patient rather than as an individual.Department is actively involved in dental camps and awareness programs specifically targeting rural population and school going children.
Diagnosis and medical management of the patient with complex medical disorders involving the oral mucosa, salivary glands, orofacial pain and temporomandibular disorders.
Awards and Achievements
1. Best paper presentation award to Dr. Hansa Kundu (PG) at IAPHD National Conference
2. Best paper presentation award to Dr. Swati Jain (PG) at IAPHD National Conference
3. Best poster presentation award to Dr. Jishnu (PG) at IAPHD National Conference
4. Best paper presentation award to Dr. Jishnu (PG) at IAPHD National Conference
5. Best paper presentation award to Dr. Ravneet (PG) at IAPHD National Conference
6. Best poster presentation award to Dr. Irfan (PG) at IAPHD National Conference
The unique selling point of DJCDSR is its top rate faculty who put in so much effort in teaching that learning becomes effortless. Highly qualified, passionate and involved staff make the learning process here worth a while.
Dr. Gurnoor Dutt
Since the first time I visited DJCDSR campus, I have experienced a vibe of energy and enthusiasm. Alongside quality education, this place has all that one could think of on a student bucket list. I feel my student years could never have been complete without the experiences.
Dr. Simran Mundi
Four years at DJCDSR have been enriching in ways more than I can summarise on a list.It has given me numerous opportunities and platforms to apply most part of the dental education imparted through a 360 degree exposure methodology.